About our Doors
Forged from the highest quality materials and hammered by hand, our exquisite entry doors will beautifully enhance the architectural style of any home or business. Our iron
doors are fabricated at our facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The scrolled iron is hot forged by hand and brought to life by skilled craftsmen that have years of experience handcrafting each door one scroll at a time.
- Features Operable Glass- Operable glass opens independently from the door to provide for easy cleaning of the glass, added security, or just to let in the fresh air. We recommend operable glass windows on all doors that have scrolled ironwork to provide for easy cleaning of the glass.
- Building Codes and Certification- Our doors have passed engineering and product testing to certify them for Design Pressure ratings and impact tolerances. Because every door is custom, we will work with the dealer, architect or builder to understand the specific structural requirements and building codes required for your area. Commercial and public buildings have their own set of access and structural requirements considered in our design process. We will design the doors to meet your specialized needs.
- Florida Certified- Doors by Design is proud to be Florida Certified. Impact glass, outswing configurations, specialized installation, and engineering certification are just a few of the requirements for the most vulnerable coastal areas.
- Built for Security- Fourteen-gauge steel provides the strength necessary to meet the most rigid hurricane ratings without adding unnecessary weight. Our doors come in a 2-inch or 1.5-inch thickness, and we can help you decide on the right thickness for your project. We have 5/8 inch and 1/2 inch size scrollwork available, and our mortised ball-bearing hinges support the weight of the steel doors and provide for easy operation.
- Built for Comfort- Our doors and frames, including the door panels, are injected with Polyurethane foam and we provide insulated tempered or laminated clear glass, or you can choose from many of our additional glass options. The compression weather stripping on the door and operable window frames provide insulation, and the adjustable thresholds offer the ability to keep your opening weather-tight.
- Maintenance-free Beauty- A rust inhibitor and seven-step automotive paint process create a smooth-to-the-touch finish that requires no upkeep.
- Installation Instructions- Click here to read our detailed installation instructions.
- Wood Choices- Our hardwood doors are made of the finest quality timber including African, Brazillian, Honduran and Indonesian Mahogany, Honduran Cedar, South American Oak, Andean Walnut, Malaga Cherry, Premium Knotty Alder, and Hard Maple. Our signature collection of doors are defined by the use of these beautiful woods and by the combining of exceptional design and construction with the elements of patterned and beveled glass, metal caming, forged iron and unique, decorative hardware.
- Forest Stewardship- We are committed to using wood products that are certified as having been responsibly harvested from well managed forests that adhere to strict environmental and socioeconomic standards and are in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council (ESC). You can be sure that the timber used to create your door does not come from endangered wood species.
Total Quality Control-
Doors by Design is totally committed to ensuring that all of our products and services are designed to meet or exceed our customer's expectations. Before any of our products leave the manufacturing facility, they are fully inspected by one of our quality control team members to ensure that the customer receives the perfectly finished unit that was custom made to their exact specification.